HFS for firefighting – unlimited water supply
When fighting large urban fires, forest fires or wildfires fire fighters will need large amounts of water to protect homes and commercial properties. In many cases the surface water needed to support firefighting is readily available, but is not accessible by fire trucks due to rough terrain, excessive lifts and other obstructions commonly found in an urban environment.
Hytrans offers the solution for unlimited water supply in difficult circumstances. Hytrans specializes in powerful mobile pump systems providing fast access to open water sources, such as rivers, lakes, channels, harbors and the open sea. Hytrans Fire System (HFS) pump systems have unique features that conventional pump systems cannot compete with.
HFS mobile pump systems are particularly well suited for firefighting operations. With hydraulically-driven submersible pumps they provide fast access to open water, even if it is kilometers away. Hydraulic power ensures higher pump power without capacity loss over long distances.
HFS provides firefighters with the continuous, high-volume water supplies they need in fighting urban fires, forest fires and wildfires.
Why HFS mobile fire systems?
- More than 30 years of experience and know-how in developing and manufacturing high-flow capacity and high-pressure mobile water supply systems.
- Proven reliability and effectiveness worldwide during large-scale industrial incidents, such as: Buncefield (2005), pipe line explosion in Dalian (2010), Chemiepark Moerdijk (2011), Fukushima (2011) and many smaller incidents during which HFS systems kept the situation from getting worse.
- Offers a wide range of high-flow capacity and high-pressure industrial pump systems, hoses, hose laying and recovery machinery, appliances and fittings to meet any need.
- Hydraulically-driven submersible pumps usable in difficult circumstances where conventional pumps are ineffective and insufficient. This includes:- Units with built-in boost pumps (HydroSubs) that can supply up to 45,000 lpm at 12 bar discharge pressure.- Hydraulic hose lengths up to 60-meters long that allow access to almost any open water source within approximately 60 meters of the power unit (horizontal or vertical).- Pump lifts up to 15 meters with no loss of pump capacity (pump lift > 15 m at reduced capacity) or priming worries. Whereas, conventional suction pumps are sensitive to vacuum leaks, lose capacity as lift increases and are generally limited to max. lifts of 8 meters.
- Allows large, temporary above-ground water supply systems to be set up with minimum manpower and time lost. These units are, capable of supplying unlimited amounts of water to supply fire trucks and monitors.
- Available in a variety of configurations to maximize portability including container, trailer and truck mounting. HFS specializes in container mounted systems which allow multiple units to be transported by the same truck to maximize flexibility and reduce costs.
Access to open water in difficult circumstances is vital
Firefighters need fast access to surface water to effectively fight large urban fires, forest fires or wildfires. In case of widespread fires an unlimited water supply is vital to success and can be readily provided using a Hytrans system.
HFS typical setup for attacking large urban fires or wildfires
With Hytrans’ product range you can quickly set up a temporary above-ground hydrant network to effectively fight large fires:
Do you want to give fire brigades and departments a better chance to fight large fires?
Request more information
We would be pleased to send you information on our products and services,
or contact you about providing a customized quote.