HFS® for industrial safety – when every second counts
An industrial (oil or petrochemical) fire, leak or other incident can turn into a major disaster. Safety protocols should prevent incidents and minimize consequences as much as possible. In case of an accident, every second counts. The mobile pump systems of Hytrans® Fire System (HFS®) can help you gain precious time, giving people in the vicinity a better chance to evacuate.
Hytrans® specializes in hydraulically-driven, mobile pump systems for supplying water from open water sources to fires. Even under extreme conditions and over long distances HFS® pump systems are able to deliver the water needed to extinguish industrial fires and cool exposed structures.
HFS® gives fire brigades a better chance to fight industrial fires and save lives.
Fast access to large quantities of surface water is vital
Fire brigades need fast access to open water sources to effectively contain and extinguish large industrial fires. In these extreme cases a fixed hydrant system might not be sufficient and may have been damaged by the event itself. That's why industrial brigades need back up mobile pump systems that can provide fast access to surface water that is sometimes kilometers away.
Hytrans® has developed a line of high-flow capacity and high-pressure mobile pump systems offering fire brigades the essential tools for pumping water from rivers, lakes, channels, harbors and the open sea. In addition, HFS® systems include the large diameter hoses, appliances and fittings needed to transport the water over long distances. HFS® systems incorporate numerous features that allow them to be set up in a very short time with a minimum of manpower, even if the water source is thousands of meter away.
Why HFS® mobile fire systems?
- More than 30 years of experience and know-how in developing and manufacturing high-capacity and high-pressure mobile water supply systems.
- Proven reliability and effectiveness worldwide during large-scale industrial incidents, such as: Buncefield (2005), pipe line explosion in Dalian (2010), Chemiepark Moerdijk (2011), Fukushima (2011) and many smaller incidents during which HFS® systems kept the situation from escalating.
- Offers a wide range of high-flow capacity and high-pressure industrial pump systems, hoses, hose laying and recovery machinery, appliances and fittings to meet any need.
- Hydraulically-driven submersible pumps usable in difficult circumstances where conventional pumps are ineffective and insufficient. This includes:
- Units with built-in boost pumps (HydroSub® units) that can supply up to 45000 lpm at 12 bar discharge pressure.
- Hydraulic hose lengths up to 60 meters long that allow access to almost any open water source within approximately 60 meters of the power unit (horizontal or vertical).
- Pump lifts up to 15 meters with no loss of pump capacity (pump lift > 15 m at reduced capacity) or priming worries. Whereas, conventional suction pumps are sensitive to vacuum leaks, lose capacity as lift increases and are generally limited to max. Lifts of 8 meters.
- Allows large, temporary above-ground water supply systems to be set up with minimum manpower and time lost. These units are capable of supplying unlimited amounts of water to supply fire trucks and monitors.
- Available in a variety of configurations to maximize portability including container, trailer and truck mounting. HFS® specializes in container mounted systems which allow multiple units to be transported by the same truck to maximize flexibility and reduce costs.
HFS® typical setup for attacking an industrial fire
A typical HFS® mobile pump system for attacking large industrial fires consists of:
- One or more HydroSub® units: HS550 (12000 lpm), HS900 (24000 lpm), HS1200 (30000 lpm) or HS1400 (45000 lpm). HFS HydroSub® units consist of one or more submersible hydraulically-driven pumps and an internal boost pump. These units are capable of operating at full rated capacity at vertical pump lifts up to 15 meters (pump lift > 15 m at reduced capacity).
- HFS® utilizes the best hose available with minimum elongation (< 1,5%). This helps to prevent so called ‘snaking’ (sudden hose movement as they are pressurized).
- Manifolds, appliances and other fittings to divert water to several monitors or fire trucks.
- A built-in or standalone foam proportioning system (HFS® PowerFoam) to attack full surface tank fires.
- HFS® Hose Layer container(s) that allow high speed hose deployment up to 40 km/h. Containerized units allow flexibility and transportation by the same truck.
- HFS® Hose Recovery Units, powered by the truck’s hydraulics (no separate hydraulic power pack needed). HFS®’ latest system (AutoFlaker) not only lifts and drains the hose, it also flakes it into the hose container allowing the hose to be flat packed with no one in the container.
Do you want to give fire brigades and departments a better chance to fight industrial fires?
Please contact us for more detailed information.
Request more information
We would be pleased to send you information on our products and services,
or contact you about providing a customized quote.