HFS® for Nuclear – high-volume water supply
The recent Fukushima disaster reminds us of the risks that accompany nuclear power generation. When things seriously go wrong in a nuclear power plant it's essential that the cooling system for the reactor core stays operational or is supplemented to prevent a radioactive catastrophe. A mobile and diesel-driven pumping system provides a vital backup when everything else fails. By using the HFS® mobile water supply system you will be able to pump water from open water sources into the existing reactor cooling system to prevent a meltdown and better control the situation.
Cooling, firefighting and draining
A nuclear disaster poses a radiation poisoning risk to firefighters, emergency workers and other people in the vicinity. This requires mobile water supplies that can be quickly deployed for firefighting, emergency cooling, drainage/runoff control and/or water recycling and set up to minimize radiation exposure.
HFS® provides for a continuous high-volume water supply to protect lives from the effects of a nuclear incident.
Why HFS® mobile pump systems?
- More than 30 years of experience and know-how in developing and manufacturing high-capacity mobile pump systems.
- Proven effectiveness worldwide during large-scale nuclear incidents, such as Fukushima.
- A wide range of high-capacity pump systems, hoses, hose laying and recovery equipment, and water distribution manifolds, appliances and fittings.
- Usable in difficult circumstances where conventional pumps are ineffective and the area is hard to access due to sloppy/soft terrain, obstructions, steep inclines and high pump lifts.
- Emergency personnel can quickly set up a mobile drainage system with minimum manpower that is capable of draining large quantities of water fast.
- Available in a variety of configurations to maximize portability including container, trailer and truck mounting. HFS® specializes in container mounted systems which allow multiple units to be transported by the same truck to maximize flexibility and reduce costs.
- HFS® systems are multi-purpose allowing them to be used for emergency cooling, firefighting, drainage/runoff control and water recycling..
- Available with a wireless remote control system that can reduce the potential of fire fighters and emergency responders being exposed to high doses of radiation.
- Can be used to support water curtains to protect people from exposure to radiation.
Access to open water and minimal exposure to radiation is vital
Firefighters and emergency authorities need equipment that allows them to access to open water in a manner that minimizes unnecessary radiation exposures and the duration of exposure for those that must enter the hazard area. HFS® pump systems, hoses, hose laying and recovery equipment, and water distribution manifolds, appliances and fittings pumps, hose systems help to achieve this as they have been designed to be deployed quickly with a minimum number of people. In addition, HFS® offers remote radio control that allows the equipment to be operated from a safe distance.
Hytrans®’ wide range of pump systems and equipment
With several HFS® products you can quickly deploy a high-capacity pumping system with minimum manpower to supply large volumes of water to incidents and to move hazardous runoff/waste water to a safe zone:
Do you also want to give emergency services a better chance to contain nuclear incidents?
Please contact us for more detailed information.
Request more information
We would be pleased to send you information on our products and services,
or contact you about providing a customized quote.